Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello all, my names Fred Willard and I am a sophomore here at Nichols College.  I currently live in REM 302 with four other soccer players and my boy Big-D.  I also play soccer here, and won our conference last year while making it to the finals this year.  I went to Douglas High School which helped me build the skill to get recruited here which my team went to the state finals as a senior.  I live in Webster with my one love Skylynn, who is my niece and of course my mother and father.  I also have a dog and cat ..oh and my grandmother lives with me as well.  A little about myself is that I love sports especially the Eagles, also I am a sucker for a brunette with blue eyes.  And Scotty Hoopz is my idol!  I hope to learn about computers and to enhance my computer skills.




I learned that the computer and information systems managers generally work in clean, comfortable offices. Long hours are common, and some may have to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines or solve unexpected problems; in 2008, about 25 percent worked more than 50 hours per week. Some computer and information systems managers may experience considerable pressure in meeting technical goals with short deadlines or tight budgets.  I was also so surprised how much money they made, and how fast the market is growing, because in ten years they are expected to make an additional $50,000, which is a 17%  raise in ten years.

3 comments:

  1. first of all, I really love your photo, the kid to your right seems like the man. Would you like to introduce me to him?

    any how, first of all we both notice the same interesting statistic about 25% of MIS workers work an average 50 hours per week. I also learned how hard and stressful the job is to do. You forgot to leave out how intelligent one has to be to work in this field. This is why they must get the amount of money they do. Also,i feel people who are interested in computers is very rare. But however with technology expanding over the years, obviously more jobs have opened. These are just additional thoughts you left out. Overall well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hello Fred! What a fantastic first blog you have written. I completely agree with your comments and opinions about the article. The fact that many workers have 50 hour work weeks is crazy! The fact that they make a lot of money and that the market is growing is certainly reassuring and is directly related to all of the job opportunities. You live in REM too? Dude, come over and watch the superbowl next weekend! Oh wait you're an Eagles fan? My bad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey fred, congradulations on your success with soccer here at nichols. I can recall watching a few games this year and i was rather impressed with the skill of the team. It does not suprise me that computer and information system managers work in a clean enviroment considering they are working with the most recent and advanced technology. Considering that the pay role of these managers is expected to rise 17% in the next 10 years, I might consider taking part in such field.

    ReplyDelete