Sunday, January 22, 2012

Introduction to MIS

My name is Michael Brothers, people usually call me Mike. I’m 19 and from Auburn, MA; I graduated from Auburn High School, class of 2010. I’ve played soccer throughout my whole life, including all four years of high school and my freshman year of college, in which we won the championship. I work for Outback Steakhouse, I was hired as a busser/host, and have worked my way up to a server, bartender, and a manager. I’ve worked for Outback since March 2010. Some prior work experience that I have is that I worked for Life Care Center Of Auburn as a diet aide, and I also worked for Shaw’s Supermarket in the grocery department. I’m a sophomore and a General Business Major, with concentrations in Human Recourse Management, Business Communications, and Management; with a minor in Criminal Justice at Nichols College. I would like to eventually establish and manage my own company once I graduate from Nichols in 2014. My hobbies consist of playing soccer, hanging out with friends, working, and playing sports. My friends and family are the two most important things in my life, and of course my dog Brady.

I’m looking forward to this course in particular because I myself am not too familiar with information systems. Being a student at a school that shapes you into being a professional I find that it is crucial to be familiar with management information systems because technology in today’s age is growing at an extreme pace.  After reading this article it really gave me an insight on just some of the details involved with Management Information Systems, it stated that in The article stated that in 2008 25% of all Computer and Information System Managers worked over 50 hours a week. This means that this field is at high demand and can result in being very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment