Friday, January 20, 2012

Introduction


Hi my name is Maureen Lynch and I'm from Holbrook, MA. I'm a junior at Nichols College. I am a Sport Management major and a Math minor. I'm the goalie on the Women's Soccer team here. I love to work out when I’m not playing soccer because I think it is a good way to relieve my stress and keep in shape. I love playing and watching sports as well. I love all Boston teams however the Celtics are my favorite. When I was in high school, I was a referee for the youth basketball teams in my town as well as an umpire for youth softball. I also used to work at KB Toys at a mall near me before it went out of business. In the summer, I work at a summer camp at the YMCA in Stoughton which is a couple towns over from where I live. I love working there because I get to make a difference in kids’ lives. Seeing the kids smiling and having fun every day makes you want to go to work there and shows how much of an impact you actually have on them. Working at a camp all summer long seeing the same faces every day allows you to create friendships and teach them things that they will remember for the rest of their life. When I’m not playing soccer or working I like to hang out with my friends.

From taking this course I hope to learn more about information systems and how they work. I want to see how I can use different management systems in the future. I have never blogged before so I’m hoping that I will learn more about that through this class.

I am not that surprised after reading the article. More jobs are being created because technology is expanding so much. However, I was surprised that for management positions a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is generally required. It did not really shock me at the hours a week managers have to work because of unexpected problems and trying to meet deadlines.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this I never knew that you were the golie for the womens soccer team. I also never knew you were on the soccer team. Im just kidding I knew that but, I think that it is cool to be apart of a team because I play on the mens lacrosse team here at nichols college. I also agree that I love to hang out with my friends because you need that time for you while being at school. I think that what you want to learn from this class is similar to what I want to learn because I have also never blogged before making my first post. Hopefully we will become really good at it and we can use it in our everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete