Friday, January 20, 2012

HW #1


Bill Hurley

MIS

HW #1

                Hello, my name is Bill Hurley. I’m from Halifax, Massachusetts and the only work experience I have had was for a construction company called Coastal Construction. Currently I am a sophomore here at Nichols. Along the lines of my major, I have chosen to double major in international business along with marketing with a minor in psychology. Some hobbies I enjoy are hanging out with friends, playing hockey, tennis, and skateboarding.

With my past job experience I have been working this job on a full time schedule for the past three years and it has been a summer job as well. It showed me basically all vocational trades that I could get involved with if there was a passion for it. But I mean I feel like that path wasn’t for me. Even though I enjoy that line of work I couldn’t picture myself doing it for my career. So, I decided to go into a more general aspect of those trades. Since every trade is needed by just about every major corporation for miscellaneous things such as expanding and keeping their businesses running to the potential that they should be why not be on the level where things are bigger.

 With this course I plan to gain knowledge on how to effectively use technology to my own benefits in a business oriented way in my career. This is the backbone of every business I feel and with a strong backbone the rest of the body shall follow what has been set in motion. This also is correlative to the article that we were asked to discuss as well. As stated in the article, that as employment is expected to grow faster for all occupations with the new technology coming out will also lead to those employees requiring more knowledge. Having a backelor’s degree in a computer related field is usually required for management positions. This shows how much we now rely on technology today.

No comments:

Post a Comment