Friday, January 20, 2012

Ronnie Sinclair's Introduction

Hello everyone,


I am from Beverly, Massachusetts. I graduated from North Shore Community College in 2011 with my Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems. I transferred to Nichols College last semester to earn my Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management. I have a 4.0 GPA and hope that I will be able to continue my success during my second semester at Nichols College.


I work as an Audio/Visual technician for Fischer Institute where I record the cultural events we host. This semester we're really going to change some things up. We're introducing Twitter as a integral part of our cultural events. Students will be able to ask questions, make comments, and start discussions using Twitter while the event happens. It will be my job to establish hash tags for each event, monitor the twitter feed, and control the Fischer Institute twitter. (By the way, if you have a twitter give us a follow: @FischerCultural). This is very interesting to me as no such job has ever existed through Fischer Institute before and I'll be the first to experiment with using social media to enhance our cultural events.


I spend my free time working on my website and studying Japanese. I have self-learned Japanese for approximately three years now and hope that one day I will have the opportunity to visit Japan.




I expect that this course will offer new insight into the Information Technology industry and I am very happy to be taking a class directly related to my field. I am already familiar with basic computer maintenance (hardware and software), application development (java and visual basic), website development (including web design with adobe photoshop, illustrator, and dreamweaver and website code such as HTML and CSS), and Computer Systems Development.


As I have already been learning about the Information Technology field prior to this class, I have already done a good amount of research on my field. As such, the reading really didn't provide any new or surprising information for me - although it is nice to see that Information Technology Management is a field in high demand and with high pay.


Cheers,


Ronnie Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment