Friday, January 20, 2012

Intro

Hi my name is Jarred Stuczynski. I am from Northbridge, Massachusetts where I have lived for all of my life. I graduated from Northbridge high school in 2008. I have one sister and two brothers, who are all younger than me. My sister is a senior in high school and will be going to college next year to become a dental assistant. My other brothers are still in grade school and are in 4th and 7th grade. I am a senior here at Nichols and my major is General Business. After I graduate I would like to get a job in either the marketing or management areas of business. I work at a restaurant in Milford, MA called Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse. I am a waiter and bartender at the restaurant and have worked there for 3 and a half years now. On Monday I got the chance to meet Aaron Hernandez of the New England Patriots, who came into eat at my restaurant before we closed. He was a really relaxed, laid back guy and talked to me for 10 minutes then signed a few things for me. I love sports and play baseball at Nichols. I have played the past three years. I have played baseball all of my life. I also played football and basketball in high school and still occasionally enjoy playing pick up games when I have time. During the summer time and school breaks I like to find time to travel and go on vacation. I usually go on vacation down south to Orlando and Atlanta, where I have family. My aunt in Orlando owns a business and after graduation I am thinking of moving down there to work and eventually run her business when she retires. From this course I expect to learn about MIS and how it applies to different areas of the business world. I do not know too much about MIS and look forward to learning about this side of business. Learning some of the basic concepts from this course will help me in the business world and will give me an upper hand compared to people who do not know about the information systems field. Learning about new job opportunities in the IT field will help me during my personal job search after graduation.
After reading the article about computer and information systems managers I learned a few interesting facts. The first fact I learned was that employment in this field is expected to grow faster than any other field. This fact was really interesting to me, but with all of the new technology being produced today it makes sense to me that this field is rapidly expanding. Another interesting fact that I learned from this article was that the need for computer and information managers will grow 17 percent over the next ten years. This is good to know about the information systems field because it seems like in today's economy jobs are becoming more scarce and the need for most occupations are declining rather than increasing. This article was interesting to me because I have never considered a job in the information systems field, but I now no that there is a need for people in this field and job opportunities are increasing.

1 comment:

  1. I'll is really interesting I also have a brother and sister my brother is a freshman and college and my sister is a junior in high school that's pretty cool that you met Aaron from the new England patriots I never seen him before that must've been exciting I also play sports my favorite sport is probably a basketball.
    What kind of business does your aunt own.

    ReplyDelete