Wednesday, January 18, 2012





My name is Steve Delahanty. I am 21 years old and I am from Auburn, NH.  I am a Jr. here at Nichols College and I am studying Sports Management. I am the President of the SMGT Club here on campus and I am also on the men's varsity lacrosse team.  I have had a couple of jobs in my life so far.  I was a batboy for the AA team of the Toronto Bluejays for seven summers http://newhampshire.fishercats.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t463, I am a certified professional ski and snowboard instructor http://www.thesnowpros.org/, and I also work in the equipment room here at school.

I hope I get the chance to learn how I can use different management systems and see how I can use them in the future. I also believe this class will help me because it can teach me how to blog and that is huge the industry that I plan on going in to. I also plan on going to law school so I believe that this might help me out.

After reading the article http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos258.htm#projectionsdata about computer and information systems managers I thought that it was cool to see how the training in this field and the study of this field, that one can make a good salary.  It said that it can be a low starting salary but then you can make up to almost $130,000. I think that is impressive.  I know that I can possibly use something like this when I get older because I plan on starting my own company so I will need someone to be my information manager for my company. I also spent some time checking out the different types of occupations one can use these types of systems. I just found it interesting overall

1 comment:

  1. nice i learned a lot about you and what your about. i also agree with onmany aspects the many aspects of IT.

    ReplyDelete