Sunday, January 22, 2012

Who i am.

who am i?

My name is Kimberly Alexa Lawlor, I am the daughter of Karen and Thomas Lawlor. I was born in Boston, MA and have grown up in a town called Mansfield since I was born. I  live with my mother, my 26 year old brother Michael, 24 year old sister Nicole, and 17 year old sister Kelly. I also have a father and step mother that live about 5 minutes away in Foxboro. Growing up I attended public school of Mansfield where I was a 2 season athlete playing soccer, basketball, and running spring track. I was born on June 14th, 1991, which makes me 20 years of age. Currently I have 2 jobs, one of them is being the Nichols College woman’s basketball manager which I just started this year. I absolutely love the job and all the girls, which makes it easy. My duties are to attend every practice and game (which is time consuming) I set up and clean up for practice, and for game days I keep the official book of the game that includes the score, fouls, time outs, jump balls, each players point, and stats. My other job is working in a high end restaurant in Mansfield called Fresh Catch Seafood. It is a delicious seafood restaurant that also serves sushi as well. I am the Hostess in the restaurant so I greet each customer, sit them, and answer the phone to make reservations I pretty much do whatever I can to make them happy. I also run food when its busy which is pretty self explanatory, I bring the food out to the tables and serve them there meal. And another duty I have within the restaurant is taking orders over the phone and giving it to them when the pick it up, I started this job last may and have been doing it since then. I am an extremely hard worker and have a very good work ethic, I am dedicated to everything I do while working and always give it my best. I am currently a junior with a major in Hospitality management. I think this degree is very suitable for me because I love to service people and make them happy, I am also very friendly and sociable so I think I could use these skills to my advantage while working within this industry whether it is when I open up a restaurant of my own, run a hotel with a spa and gym, or decide to go into the direction of event planning where I would like to be a manger of a catering business.

When I heard about this class I wasn’t really sure what I was going to get out of it or learn because I wasn’t too sure what it was to be honest. But since I am taking it I hope to get a lot out of it and learn valuable things attaining to the world. I myself am not positive with a computer and information system manager does, but I am looking forward to finding out. After reading the article I got a better understanding of it and think its pretty much common knowlege to know that this industry and growing so rapidly because technology is hugely relied on know a days.

This is a picture of both my sister and my step mother I would like to shareJ
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224478_10150400051152178_625637177_10698439_6326860_n.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment