Wednesday, January 18, 2012



My name is Oliver Allen and I am from Newport, Rhode Island. I am the youngest of six kids; I have three brothers Scott, Christian and Zack. I also have two sisters, Ashley and Mellissa. I was born on November 15th in 1992. I worked in two different restaurants one being Flo's Clam Shack and the Newport Dinner Train. I love all sports like snowboarding, basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse, and many more. The previous summer I went to Africa by myself and worked in an orphanage for a month as a teacher. Then this past summer I worked on yachts for a company called “The Ship’s Store”. I am a freshman at Nichols College and I previously went to Portsmouth Abbey School. I hope to learn more about computers because I am an ITM major. I have hoped to improve my computer skills for after college. I want to know everything I can possibly know about how computers work. I built my first computer when I was eleven, as my three older brothers influenced me to get into the computer world. My older brothers are Computer Science Majors, and I would like to do the same. My older brothers own there own computer companies and work with programing languages such as HTML, Java Script, C++, and many others.

There are not many ITM majors in the world so finding a job is very easy. The ITM major has a high payroll straight out of college and allows many people to advance in the stages of the work force. Many people can find jobs that pay well through ITM and computers. Whether you computer program, run a computer industry, or work from home on computers, knowing them can benefit you in many ways. Knowing computers allows people to expand their roles in the work force and gives ways to new opportunities. The 21st Century has turned to a technology boom and with the increase of technology people will need to know more about them. Knowing how computers work can advance your pay and your knowledge in this advancing age. We need to know more about computers to better out future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment