Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hey, my Name is Bradley Minton


Hey, my name is Bradley Minton. I am originally for Sale City, GA, and son of a 5th generation farmer. Sale City is nested in the far Southwest corner of Georgia.  I have been in the north for about a year now with my family and have enjoyed my time thus far.  I am an I.T.M. major; I have six years for experience in the field. I worked at Okinus Credit Solutions where I repaired and maintained about 20 servers and over 200 workstations for almost four years. On top of almost six year of experience with working on computers, I also have read 5 books on the functionality of computers and information system, and have written and revise computer programs and web sites. Besides having a background in computers, I am a freshman with many hobbies. I play tennis for the college; I hunt and fish, play video games, and repair or build PCs for other people. 

The reason I am taking this course is because would like to add more knowledge to what I already know, so I can be prepared for future jobs and/or business opportunities.

After reading and reviewing the Bureau of Labor Statistics article on Computer and Information Systems Managers, I found it interesting that this field is growing every year at a rate of about 17 percent from now to 2018. I also was amazed that you can earn about $100,000 in the first year which is more money than most jobs. Even working with computers for as long as I have I didn’t know that the field was growing as fast as it is. I figured that this field had “settled down” because I thought that must of the need for I.T. jobs had been established. As reading this article the exact opposite is happening.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bradley,

    I think it's pretty cool how much experience you already have with information systems and how many servers and workstations you repaired and maintained.

    I agree with you on the article about being amazed at how much money there is to be made so quickly. For someone like you who's truly dedicated to this field, it should be a piece of cake for you to take advantage of those opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bradley, Wow you really know a lot about computers, thats great!
    Its nice to know that their are still people in our generation that are interested in computer information and repairing. From what I have heard its a great career field to get into but there is few people who are really interested and want to take the time.

    I didn't realize there is a great amount of salary involved in this career path.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete